Tired of losing service even after paying so much money on cell phone plans? This Tello Mobile review will introduce you to a perfect fit!
If you are a light user and want a basic plan, Tello is worth a shot. Its plans are low-cost, flexible, and provide free mobile hotspots. It uses the T-Mobile network allowing you to rely on it.
Let’s walk through this in-depth Tello mobile review 2022.
Tello Mobile Review at a Glance
Tello Mobile is a cell phone plan that has one of the most affordable price tags with a lot of flexibility. But it might not be your first choice when looking for unlimited data. Here’s a glance at everything you need to know about Tello.
- Has flexible and affordable plans
- Includes coverage of T-Mobile’s network
- Data speed may fluctuate
- Has nationwide 4G LTE and 5G networks
- Includes mobile hotspot with 2Gb of data
- No contracts
What is Tello?
Tello is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) that runs on T-Mobile’s network. The company is based in Atlanta and was first launched back in 2002. It offers prepaid plans including talk time, texting, and data with an affordable price tag. It’s easily included among one of the best-prepaid cell phone plans in 2022.
With MVNOs, Tello Mobile delivers good coverage for less money. Their plans feature good speed and coverage with T-Mobile’s network (5G) making them an ideal choice for light users. We did complete research to bring the ultimate Tello review for you. It might not match the huge data amounts of Mint Mobile and Visible, but if you are looking for some decent phone service that won’t break the bank, Tello might be the perfect choice for you.
How To Get Tello Cell Phone Service?
Wondering how you can get a new cell phone service with Tello Mobile? Follow these steps to know how!
- Visit the official Tello website and sign up.
- Choose from the list of plans.
- Now, you can either use your current phone and SIM card or purchase new ones from Tello.
- After getting the phone and SIM card, activate the SIM card.
- That’s it! You can now start using Tello.
Top 5 Features of Tello
Here are the 5 best features that we observed in our in-depth Tello review.
- It features 4G LTE or 5G depending on the device. Once 1 GB of data is used, the speed slows down to 2G.
- Tello allows international calling to more than 60 countries free of cost.
- Tello plans are not contract-based. You have the ability to change or cancel your plan anytime you want.
- Tello plans include a mobile hotspot.
- Tello service is flexible and affordable making it ideal for light users.
Tello Mobile: Pros & Cons
Every phone plan comes with its own strengths and weaknesses, here’s what we observed in Tello review 2022.
Tello: Plans and Pricing
Tello Mobile offers pre-built plans as well as custom plans. All the pre-built plans come with unlimited talk and test features with free hotspot tethering. While custom plans are made by you and can range from $5 to $29. You can include no data, 500MB, 1GB, 2GB, 5GB, 6GB, 8GB, or unlimited data and no minutes, 100, 300, 500, unlimited minutes, or mix all of these. It all depends on your needs and requirements. But regardless of what you include, you’ll get unlimited texting as a free gift in your custom plan.
In addition to this, all Tello plans will include free international calls to over 60 countries worldwide. It has no contracts, so you’ll be able to upgrade, downgrade, or cancel your Tello plans anytime you want.
Who Should Use Tello Mobile?
If you live somewhere with good T-Mobile coverage, you should use Tello Mobile. Now in 2022, it covers the majority of areas in the US. Moreover, if you are a light user looking for a basic phone, you should also go for the Tello Mobile plans. Even with $5 in the pocket, you can get 500MB of data for a month.
Tello vs Mint
Tello and its competitor Mint Mobile both focus on providing low-cost and flexible cell phone plans. We did a complete Tello review as well as a Mint Mobile review to get the ultimate comparison of the services. Here’s everything you need to know about it:
- Price: While both are amazingly affordable, Tello takes the lead here. Its basic plan comes at $5. Mint Mobile offers the lowest price of $15.
- Unlimited data: Mint Mobile is the clear winner when it comes to unlimited data. It provides unlimited data plans at $30. You can access 5G or 4G LTE for the first 35 GB. While Tello offers a $39 unlimited data plan where you can access 5G or 4G LTE for the first 25 GB only.
- Flexibility: Tello has a slight edge here. It involves no contracts and allows you to cancel or upgrade your plan anytime you want. While Mint Mobile offers multi-month plans.
In short, Tello review reveals it to be a great cell phone plan for light users looking for a basic plan. It might be the perfect fit when it comes to unlimited data plans. All in all, it provides decent coverage and speed with the T-Mobile network. We observed a pretty good experience overall. There were no Tello complaints other than the speed fluctuations.
1. What network does Tello use?
Tello uses T-Mobile’s network. T-Mobile is a reliable and one of the best networks in the country. You get 5G or 4G LTE with great coverage and data speed. But once you have used your 1GB of data, your speed will slow down to 2G.
2. Does Tello have good coverage?
Yes, Tello has decent coverage now expanded to most of the areas in the US. If you live in an area with good T-Mobile coverage, you’ll have an amazing experience using Tello services. So, make sure to check the coverage map before signing up.
3. Is Tello a reliable company?
Yes, Tello is a reliable company. It uses T-Mobile a data network that is one of the best and most reliable networks in the US. There is only an 8% difference in nationwide coverage between first-place and third-place networks. This means T-Mobile will easily provide a network to almost all US citizens. So, you can rely on Tello.