If you are looking for an affordable option while saving your phone bill, this Boost Mobile review can help you explore a new service. In this article, we’ll take a close look at Boost Mobile’s features, pricing, and network.
Boost Mobile makes an amazing service provider featuring affordable plans, discounts, and top-notch data packages. So, for those who are looking for unlimited data options at a reasonable rate, Boost Mobile can be a viable option.
We tested Boost Mobile and brought this detailed review for you. So, let’s dive in and see if Boost Mobile is worth giving a shot!
An Overview of Boost Mobile
Boost Mobile is an America-based wireless service provider that uses the AT&T and T-Mobile networks to deliver its services. In 2021, Boost Mobile and its sister brands had more than 8 million users. They hit the market in 2000 and took a revolutionary step in the mobile service industry.
Initially, Boost Mobile targeted young and urban users. However, with the passage of time, they shifted their focus to budget-concise users. Boost Mobile realized that the consumers demanded data at a reasonable price. So, they started marketing affordability as their key feature by providing unlimited data plans.
Boost Mobile works on the Sprint network but comes with great value packages. It has recently been crowned the winner title of the Top Ten Review Silver Award.
Why Boost Mobile?
Now that you have a decent idea of what Boost Mobile is, here are all the good things we found in the Boost Mobile review. Let’s explore the reasons why Boost Mobile is a good choice.
- Boost Mobile provides affordable data packages. If you are looking for a simple and all-rounded service with unlimited data, Boost Mobile is one great option. The carrier comes with 2G, 5G, and 10G options. Honestly, 2G might not be enough for you, and 10G comes with a huge price tag. Our recommendation is to go with the 5GB plan that comes at only $25. This plan has a decent amount of data at a totally reasonable price.
- Boost Mobile’s variety of options is the most appreciable thing that we noticed while reviewing Boost Mobile. They are all about giving you tons of options. The carrier offers 2 unlimited data plans. One of them costs $40 while the other costs $60. The only difference comes down to hotspot data and some other perks. The $50 plan includes unlimited talk, data, and 12 GB hotspot data. While on the other hand, the $60 plan includes an extra 18 GB of hotspot data and unlimited high-definition video streaming. If you ask our opinion, perks are nice to have, but we don’t think they are worth an extra $10.
- Boost Mobile comes with T-Mobile’s powerful 5G network. The biggest drawback that you would face if you go for any MVNO carrier (including Boost) is that you’ll get slow data speeds. But 5G in Boost Mobile helps offset this slow data speed. In fact, T-Mobile’s 5G network is known to be one of the fastest. All the data plans in Boost Mobile come with T-Mobile 5G network.
Boost Mobile Promotion
With Boost Mobile, you can get multiple deals varying from free phone offers to discounted data plans. You can get your service at the lowest price with these coupons and deals. Follow these simple steps to get your hands on the best deal:
- Visit Boost Mobile’s official page
- Head on to the deals section and explore it
- Select the deal that suits you
- Save money and enjoy your wireless service.
Surprisingly, they are available all year, so you don’t have to wait for a specific time of year for these opportunities. You can browse the deals section on their page to select the deal that suits you best. The process includes just a few steps of copy-pasting the code.
Apart from these deals, Boost Mobile also promotes 20% off promo codes occasionally. If you want to win this promo code, you need to stay updated with their latest deals. You can even get high-speed data on different ranges in different Boost plans. It all depends on your handset choice. You can also get unlimited data with Boost Mobile on their family plans. The only con is that data deprioritization applies.
Boost Mobile Features
After a detailed Boost Mobile review, we observed all the following features.
- Boost Mobile’s prepaid phone plans come with a free mobile hotspot. This is the most prominent feature when we compare Boost Mobile with its rivals.
- Another feature that gives Boost Mobile an edge is the $5 discount on monthly bills. Users with the auto-pay plan enjoy a free GB of data as Boost Mobile charges $5 for each extra GB of high-speed data.
- Boost Mobile provider doesn’t provide international calls and messaging in its prepaid plans. This means that you have to pay additional money per month.
- Boost Mobile provides you with free music streaming without being charged. The 3GB plan includes unlimited streaming music from Pandora and Spotify.
Boost Mobile: Plans & Pricing
Boost Mobile offers you 10 different prepaid plans. The price depends on the type of plan. Here are the daily and weekly Boost Mobile plans that you can pick from depending on your requirements.
- $2/day plan – this is for users who have an ordinary phone and want to pay for particular days only. The package includes unlimited data, text, and talks.
- $3/day plan – this is for users who have smartphones and wish to pay for particular days. The package features unlimited data, text, and talks.
- $10/week plan – this is probably one of the most economical packages. It allows customers 1GB of data along with unlimited texts and calls. It is for all those people who are looking for a short-term solution rather than signing up for a monthly plan.
Boost Mobile: Pros and Cons
Let’s see what roses and thorns we observed in this Boost Mobile review.
- It is equipped with a 5G network.
- It provides a great variety of data plans depending on your needs.
- It is best for those who are looking for an affordable option.
- Data prioritization can be a thorn in the experience.
- They don’t have good customer service.
- It lacks the latest phone models.
What network does Boost Mobile use in 2022?
Boost Mobile is a wireless service provider owned by Dish Wireless that uses AT&T and T-Mobile networks. T-Mobile incorporates Sprint’s network in a merger. That implies that Boost Mobile operates on GSM standards. In 2021, Boost Mobile and its sister brands, T Mobiles, Gen Mobile, and Republic Wireless, combined, had 8.55 million users.
Does Mint Mobile support international service?
Mint Mobile is a USA-based service that has been designed for domestic use, but it does support international service with some extra money. You can explore their monthly plans here.
An Honest Review of Mint Mobile
Mint Mobile is a US-based virtual network operator that works on the T-Mobile network. We used Mint Mobile for some time to come up with an honest review. The first thing that we are concerned about regarding the service is that it works only on yearly plans. But Mint Mobile delivered amazing service throughout the usage.
Mint Mobile is a decent prepaid carrier that comes with an affordable price tag but is not as fast as its competitors. The annual subscriptions make you stress-free for the entire year. They even allow enjoying the free wireless with their easy-to-score referral bonus. Right now, Mint Mobile has a BOGO 3 months plan that will get you 6 months of service for $45.
All in all, Boost Mobile is a good service. The activation process might be a little time-consuming, with a $25 activation fee. But that’s the only thing that might stress you a little. After this detailed Boost Mobile review, we can recommend Boost Mobile to any person who wants a decent service with good speed and a relatively affordable price tag.